Demarest District and Board Goals for 2015 – 2016
1. Achieve a student growth model that impacts district level curriculum using data supplied by the Northern Valley Assessment for mathematics. - Achieved!
2. Improve student achievement by continued provision of staff professional development for the implementation of the 1:1 technology as measured through lesson planning review and classroom observations. - Achieved!
3. Implement and monitor the new STEM programming at the middle school and research its use at the elementary level as identified in the final report. - Achieved!
4. Provide for the successful assimilation of new instructional and administrative staff through orientation and transition opportunities. - Achieved!
1. Continue to improve communications with the Demarest community at large. - Achieved!
2. Enhance the board’s understanding of policy development. - Achieved!
1. Implement and monitor a new STEM program in grade four to provide greater articulation into our middle school STEM program.
2. Continue to build trust and
engagement with community outreach initiatives with the addition of a new
4. Expand Teachers College Assessment to the middle school in grade five and including all special education students. 75% of students assessed will increase by one reading level by the end of the year.
Board Goals for the 2016-2017 School Year
1. Successfully negotiate DEA contract,
support staff and other administrators.
2. BOE will continue its review of the Facility Study, prioritize projects, and identify any additional curriculum and enrollment related construction needs. The Board will develop a timeline for completion of projects.